Monday 9 January 2012

Problem Solved!


I was talking to a cousin of my sister-in-law at a family lunch yesterday. He's the finance director of a major investment bank.  He's a very active Anglican and somehow the conversation got onto the subject of church fund raising. I mentioned that I was in charge of the fund raising for the refurbishment of St John's (whatever form this eventually takes).

"Ah," he said, "you won't have any problem there. I've got a friend who's a Catholic and every time he wants money for his church he just asks the Carthusians and the money is there."

My ears pricked up. I had visions of the monks at Parkminster handing over a few hundred grand to St John's.

"Ask my wife", he said, "she knows the details."

Turns out he meant the Catenians. Be warned!

No comments:

Post a Comment